Effective time management and productivity tracking have become more crucial in today’s fast-paced and competitive work environment.
44% of businesses nowadays deal with timesheet errors regularly, jeopardizing their performance and efficiency.
It’s no secret by now that effective time management helps you stay organized and focused, enhances overall productivity, and leads to a better work-life balance.
Tired of Harvest? Track time effortlessly with Timeular!
Turn time tracking into a task so easy that your team will even enjoy it
Regarding time tracking tools, Harvest has long been considered a trendy choice among professionals across numerous industries. However, it has several limitations; for example, it does not allow teams to track billable vs. non-billable hours. Today we’ll bring you the five best alternatives to Harvest highlighting their key features, pricing, and advantages.
Timeular is the best alternative to Harvest for teams who need to track their billable hours. Indeed, Timeular has a built-in function that allows users to track billable and non-billable hours.
It also offers several features and benefits that make it stand out among other options and some unique pricing options. Here are the key highlights.
Top features of Timeular:
- Ease of use. Timeular is one of the easiest and most intuitive software to use. The learning curve is low; teams can track time by flipping the tracker or using keyboard shortcuts. Hence this leads to accurate time tracking.
- Detailed insights and reporting: Timeular generates amazingly detailed and automated reports that provide essential insights into your time allocation, productivity trends, and project performance. It also allows exporting reports in various formats.
- Team collaboration: The shared folders allow teams to track time in one place as a team. So if two team members are working on the same project, the data at the end of the day will show the sum of the worked hour on that project without sharing timesheets.
- Budgets: This feature allows you to set an hours budget for each client or project, and then while you’re working, Timeular will record how many hours you’ve left. This will prevent overwork or overservice clients, for example.
- Integrations: Timeular integrates with popular tools like Trello, Asana, and Google Calendar, enabling easy synchronization of tasks and projects. And, if you use Zapier you can connect to +3000 apps.
- Mobile and desktop apps: Timeular offers incredible mobile and desktop applications that sync seamlessly with the Timeular Tracker. You can also track time manually through the apps.
- Tag and mentions: to add more details to the time entries, team members can create tags, mentions, or add notes.
- Physical time tracking device: Timeular provides a physical tracking device called the “Timeular Tracker,” with customizable labels for different activities. Just flip it to track time spent on various tasks. The software can be used without the device. Nevertheless, flipping the die will help your team members to build muscle memory and facilitate the habit of time tracking.
Track your time with a physical Tracker
Build a habit using muscle memory and a powerful physical reminder. All new users get 2 months free subscription when connecting a new Tracker.
Timeular offers a free 30-day trial and different pricing plans, including monthly and annual subscriptions.
The plans vary based on the fact of using Timeular as a team or individual.
Why Timeular is the best alternative to Harvest
- The Timeular Tracker. Harvest does not offer a physical time tracker, while Timeualr does. The seamless integration between the Timeular Tracker and the software ensures accurate and automatic time tracking, reducing manual input and streamlining time tracking.
- Billable vs. non-billable hours. Harvest does not allow teams to distinguish between billable and non-billable hours. If you track something, it goes all in the same bucket. With Timeular, instead, teams can mark an activity as billable or non-billable. This way, invoices will be much more accurate, and you’ll reinforce client trust.
- Endless activities to track. In Timeular, you can track endless activities and projects, while users in Harvest lament the limitations in tracking projects.
While both Harvest and Timeular are effective time-tracking solutions, Timeular stands out essentially for its ease of use, optimized user experience, and in-depth reporting capabilities.
These features, combined with its appealing pricing options, make Timeular the perfect Harvest alternative for businesses, teams, and also individuals seeking an accurate, unique, and engaging time-tracking experience that increases productivity and billable hours.
Looking for the most effortless and accurate time tracking tool for your team?
Increase profitability an bill accurately with the effortless time tracking app. Never chase a timesheet again!
Besides being a Harvest alternative, Toggl is also one of the best alternatives to Time Doctor. This time-tracking software offers a good range of features and pricing options. Here are its key highlights:
- Time tracking: Toggl provides an intuitive interface for tracking time spent on tasks and projects. It offers one-click timers, manual time entry, and idle time detection.
- Integrations: Toggl integrates with popular project management tools like Asana, Trello, and Jira, as well as accounting software like QuickBooks and Xero.
- Reporting and analytics: Toggl generates reports and visualizations that provide insights into productivity, project progress, and time utilization.
- Team collaboration: Toggl allows teams to collaborate and track time together. Managers can assign tasks, track team performance, and generate team reports.
Toggl offers various pricing plans, including a free plan. However, this plan only offers limited features.
The paid plans offer additional features such as project tracking, billable rates, and reporting capabilities.
Advantages of Toggl over Harvest:
- Versatility and integrations: Toggl offers a big range of integrations with popular project management and accounting tools, providing seamless synchronization and workflow management.
- Flexible pricing options: Toggl’s pricing plans cater to various needs and budgets, including a free plan that provides some more basic time-tracking capabilities.
While Harvest is a powerful time-tracking tool, Toggl stands out with its simplicity, versatility, and reporting features.
The ease of use, integrations, and flexible pricing options make Toggl a popular choice for both freelancers looking for an efficient time tracking solution.
Clockify is a commonly used time tracking software that provides time tracking, timesheet management, project tracking, and reporting. Clockify is a reliable alternative to Desktime and other time trackers due to some features.
- Project and task management: Clockify allows users to create projects, assign tasks, and track time at the project and task level. This helps with organizing and prioritizing work.
- Integrations: Clockify integrates with popular tools like Trello, Asana, Slack, and more, allowing easy workflow management and synchronization.
- Team collaboration: Clockify enables teams to collaborate by sharing projects and tasks, tracking time together, and monitoring team performance.
Clockify offers a free plan, as well as paid plans, including a “Plus” plan with advanced features such as time rounding, billable rates, and more comprehensive reporting options. Additionally, Clockify provides “Workspace” plans for teams.
Advantages of Clockify over Harvest:
- Free plan: Clockify’s free plan offers time tracking features, making it an attractive option for individuals/freelancers.
- Comprehensive reporting: Clockify’s reporting and analytics features provide insights into time usage and project performance, allowing users to make data-driven decisions.
- Seamless integrations: Clockify integrates with a wide range of popular tools, enabling users to streamline their workflows and synchronize time tracking with their existing project management and communication platforms, such as Microsoft Teams, Asana, Jira, Trello, and others.
- Flexible pricing options: Clockify offers a range of pricing options, allowing users to choose a plan that suits their specific needs and budget.
Clockify offers a better free plan when compared to Harvest. The flexibility in pricing options and the ability to track time at both project and task levels make Clockify a favorable choice for freelancers.
RescueTime focuses on helping users improve their productivity and eliminate distractions. Here are the key highlights:
Features of RescueTime:
- Automatic time tracking: RescueTime runs in the background and automatically tracks time spent on different applications, websites, and tasks, providing an accurate representation of your activities.
- Focus time and goal setting: RescueTime allows you to set goals for productive time and block distracting websites during designated focus sessions.
- Focus alerts and productivity score: RescueTime sends you notifications and alerts to help you stay on track, and it assigns a productivity score based on your daily activities
RescueTime offers you both free and paid plans. The free plan provides basic time tracking and limited reporting features. The paid plans, such as the “Premium” and “Business” plans, offer other features like goal setting, distraction blocking, and detailed reports for individuals and teams. Pricing varies based on the plan and the number of users.
Advantages of RescueTime over Harvest:
- Automatic time tracking: RescueTime’s automatic time tracking eliminates the need for manual input, providing a more effortless tracking experience.
- Focus and distraction management: RescueTime offers features like focus time, goal setting, and distraction blocking, helping users stay focused and minimize time wasters.
While Harvest primarily focuses on time tracking for billing and project management purposes, RescueTime is designed to help individuals improve their overall productivity and time management skills.
With its automatic tracking, focus management features, and in-depth analytics, RescueTime offers a unique approach to time tracking that goes beyond traditional monitoring.
Read also: RescueTime alternatives and competitors
Hubstaff is an employee-monitoring software designed for remote teams. It offers a variety of features, pricing options, and advantages over Harvest. Here are the key highlights:
- Employee monitoring: Hubstaff allows monitoring of employees’ activities, including application and website usage, mouse and keyboard activity, and screenshots (optional).
- GPS tracking: Hubstaff offers GPS tracking for remote teams, enabling employers to monitor the location and movement of employees in the field.
- Project management: Hubstaff includes features for task assignment, project budgets, and collaboration, allowing teams to manage projects alongside time tracking.
Hubstaff offers several pricing plans based on the number of users and features required.
The plans range from a free plan with limited features to paid plans with advanced functionalities like employee monitoring and GPS tracking.
Pricing may also depend on additional features such as payroll integration and time off management.
Advantages of Hubstaff over Harvest:
- Employee monitoring: Hubstaff’s employee monitoring features provide visibility into employee activities, making it suitable for businesses that require additional oversight and accountability.
- GPS tracking: Hubstaff’s GPS tracking feature is beneficial for companies with remote or mobile teams, as it allows tracking of employee locations and helps ensure compliance and productivity.
- Project management integration: Hubstaff combines time tracking and project management capabilities, making it a convenient all-in-one solution for teams needing both functionalities.
While Harvest focuses primarily on time tracking for billing and project management, Hubstaff extends its capabilities to employee monitoring, GPS tracking, and project management.
Hubstaff’s emphasis on employee accountability and comprehensive reporting makes it suitable for businesses that require monitoring and management features alongside time tracking.
If this app isn’t the best for your needs, read our post and find 10 alternatives to Hubstaff.
While Harvest has been a very popular choice, it also has limitations. There are several alternatives available that offer unique features and advantages.
Time tracking tools like Timeular, Toggl, Clockify, RescueTime, and Hubstaff provide various functionalities to different needs, from simple time tracking to employee monitoring and project management integration.
Timeular is the best Harvest alternative for businesses, teams, and small companies who need to bill their time. It’s also the best due to its simplicity, comprehensive, detailed, and sharable reporting capacities, flexibility in pricing, and seamless integrations. This makes Timeular perfect for those who want to optimize their time management, enhance productivity and increase billable hours.
Choosing the right time tracking solution can significantly improve business efficiency, help meet deadlines, and contribute to achieving work-life balance.
You might be interested in the following: