Monday.com is a project management tool recognized for its task tracking, project planning, and team collaboration features. While it is a top choice for many professionals, its native time-tracking capabilities might not entirely fulfil its users needs. For that reason, we’re introducing a time tracking integration with Timeular to fill the gap.
Looking for the smoothest timer tracker for Monday.Com?
You’ve just found it!
As the way teams collaborate is shifting in the new hybrid or in-office set-ups, tracking time in order to have a realistic overview of processes is crucial in staying competitive.
In this article, you’ll learn how time tracking works in Monday.com, its importance, as well as its limitations. In addition, we’ll show you what features the Timeular integration brings and its effortless approach to time tracking and time management.
Yes, Monday.com does include a native time-tracking feature. However, it has to be set up manually if the user needs to track the time spent on a certain task.
To use the native time tracking feature provided by Monday.com, users have to add something called the Time Tracking Column. This feature is only available for users who subscribe to Monday.com’s Pro plan, the most expensive option offered.
Project management time tracking, especially with tools like Monday.com, is crucial for any kind of assignment that a team has to work on. It helps project managers and their teams become more time-aware, monitor progress and stick to the project schedule and budget.
Time tracking ensures teams use resources efficiently, and in turn, this leads to increased productivity and reduced overtime.
To track time on Monday.com, you have to set up what is known in the platform as a “Time Tracking Column”.
- To add it, click on the “+” icon located on the top right of the board and select “More columns”. There you’ll find the “Time Tracking column”. When users want to track time spent on a task, they have to start the timer.
- It’s also possible to add time manually. Keep in mind that this feature doesn’t show all the periods tracked and doesn’t present other insights, requiring extra steps to gather more information, or just to have an account of billable hours to present to a client.
While Monday.com has some of the strongest project-tracking features, it’s not sufficient when it comes to time-tracking, presenting serious limitations.
- Fundamental time-tracking features – the platform’s native time-tracking capabilities are fairly simple. It allows users to log time spent on tasks and that’s very much it. It lacks some more advanced features that a dedicated time-tracking tool might have. It can track time in real-time or by adding hours manually. However, it’s not automated and requires a setup by the user. Manual data entry makes processes more prone to human error.
- Limited reporting capabilities – time reports and other analytics options for time tracking on Monday.com are not comprehensive enough for elaborated needs, as it doesn’t provide enough insights that can contribute to improving customer relationships, such as a higher level of transparency when it comes to the billing process.
- Native time tracker only available in paid plans – the Time Tracking Column and Widget are only available for users who subscribe to the Pro plan.
In conclusion, based on the above mentions if your time tracking needs are more sophisticated, you’d need to rely on a third-party integration.
Using Timeular to track time on Monday.com is the best option for integrating a third-party time-tracking tool. Thankfully, it’s possible to overtake the restrictions of Monday.com’s built-in time tracking.
Timeular stands out as a robust and user-friendly time-tracking software, trusted by over 50,000 users and countless teams worldwide. It serves as the ultimate project time tracker, delivering a range of benefits customized for effective project management:
With Timeular’s physical time management cube on your desk, you can effortlessly track over 1000 activities. No need to open your time tracking or project management tool to manually start or stop tracking – simply flip the cube, and the software will record all activities tracked.
This way you and your team can cultivate a time-tracking habit, without stressing over time tracking.
Please note that the Tracker is optional, designed to simplify the time tracking process and infuse some enjoyment into it.
Regardless of your preferences, in Timeular you’re able to choose the method that best suits your work style, whether it’s flipping the physical Tracker, using keyboard shortcuts, or utilizing automatic time tracking.
These methods ensure a smooth and quick tracking experience, significantly reducing the time spent on time tracking.
Keep project budgets in check by setting the planned hours for each project, also known as the project time budget. Timeular will notify you when you approach certain limits, preventing overspending while maintaining client satisfaction.
Access versatile reporting features with various filters and views that offer actionable insights into productivity levels and project progress—no need for additional costs or higher-tier plans to access these valuable reports. Make use of the intuitive time entry system and you’ll see the outputs as follows:
This billable hours tracking software allows you to label tasks as billable or non-billable, while monitoring the time spent on each project and client. By adding hourly rates to tasks or team members, the system automatically calculates costs.
This simplifies project cost tracking, and accurate billing, and offers insights into team efficiency.
Overtime tracking must be monitored and rewarded. With the overtime tracker that automatically records extra hours worked in the timesheet, any overtime and deficit hours are automatically recorded based on previously configured work schedules and requested leave. Fair and accurate salaries, always!
Timeular serves as a leave tracking system, helping you manage various types of leaves, so you can plan projects and workloads effectively.
Read also: How Timeular integrates with GitLab
You can easily integrate Timeular with Monday.com through Zapier, by following the steps:
- If you or your team don’t have an account, you won’t have to pay for a Zapier subscription, as you can use it for free for up to 100 integrations. Plus, you don’t need any coding skills to make this connection. To get started, you should be authenticated on both Monday.com and Timeular.
- To connect Timeular with Zapier, you’ll require an API key and a secret API. You can locate these in Timeular by navigating to Settings > My Account > API > Create a new API key. Now, you have both tools integrated. Now, you have to create a Zap.(Zapier’s action) to track your time on Monday.com with Timeular.
- Set up a new Zap. The trigger might be creating a new item on the board and the action will need to be set to start tracking time on Timeular.
Monday.com is a great choice for its project management functionalities, but as its native time-tracking feature comes with limitations, integrating it with a standalone time tracking tool is essential.
To address your complex needs for tracking, use Timeular, the best Monday.com time tracking integration. It comes with noteworthy benefits: you can achieve a more robust and intuitive time-tracking process, helping you optimize project management and team productivity.
You might be interested in: