What’s new in Timeular 1.6?
The past months, we have worked very hard to understand current problems and improve the Timeular time tracker cube and our Timeular time tracking software for you. So here it is the Timeular 1.6 update.
We talked to hundreds of users and gathered feedback to build the easiest way for you to track your time and get meaningful insights into how you spend your time.
We have a lot of exciting things coming up starting with this update.
TL;DR: Here are some highlights
- New: Update for your beloved Timeular Tracker which enables always-on mode. It will automatically reconnect when you flip it and therefore track more reliably. No need to hit the black button again.
- New: Immediately see if your Tracker is connected via the menu bar icon.
- New: Edit any time entry directly from the statistics screen.
- New: Click start/stop notifications to directly modify the corresponding entry.
- Fixed: Faster start and reaction time.
- Fixed: Auto-Save of notes you enter.
- Fixed: Default length of time entries slots is now 1h.
- Fixed: App would not open properly after update.
- Fixed: Wrong element highlighted in the navigation bar.
- Fixed: Design improvements and color changes (especially Windows).
1) The always-on mode:
My Nana always used to say: “If your team ever builds a Bluetooth device, you better make sure it’s connecting properly son!”.
Well, we all have had our fair share of issues with that and we’ve been working very hard to fix it. So we are happy to announce that we started rolling out an update for the software on your Timeular Tracker (also called firmware) that will fix this.
- Does this mean I don’t need to switch the Tracker off and on ever? Yes. (Ok. You should switch it off when you take it with you…but that’s it)
- Does this mean the device reliably reconnects (upon flip) when my computer went to sleep / wakes up? Yes.
- Does this mean the Tracker reliably reconnects (upon flip) to my phone when I leave / and return to my desk? Yes.
- Does this mean I don’t have to worry about if all is set up and working when I just want to switch tasks? Yes.
- Will this reduce the battery life of my Tracker significantly? No. (no seriously, we promise)
(Making you proud here Nana – miss you)
What will the update look like? Easy:
1) You will receive an update of our apps (desktop, mobile)
2) A little red dot shows up next to your Settings
3) Simply “follow the
rabbit red dot” to update your Tracker in a few minutes
Note: You might need to insert a new battery to perform the update (we will guide you through the process) but can re-use the old one afterward. We need an 80% charged battery to make sure we don’t run out of battery during the update process.
We will ship this feature gradually to all our users. So it might take a few days till the update pigeon comes by. We are very excited about finally getting your hands on this and can’t wait to hear back from you.
❤️ Thanks very much to all our users who have helped with their time and feedback. Special thanks to Cindy, Christoph, Susan, Kaleb, Katrin, Tobias, Josha, Lars, Mirko and so many more. ❤️
2) Connection status in the menu bar:
Here’s the thing: It’s very important to us that you don’t need to worry about time tracking and don’t waste any time or energy on checking up on it – nothing should stand between you and tracking your activity with a simple flip.
We are working on many things to make sure you can rely on this under any circumstances. In addition to the always-on mode of the Tracker, the desktop applications now show you the connection status of the Tracker directly in the menu bar/status bar. When you see the check mark in the Timeular icon, your Tracker is connected and ready to track. Its always-on mode makes sure this checkmark is there.
Please note: In order to be able to see the icon instantly under Windows, simply drag it into the visible area of your status bar.
3) Edit time entries in report screen:
Statistics are great. Most of us have been in this situation: You look at statistics and realize that you need to change a time entry or add a note. Up to now, it was not possible to do this straight away. Good news: now you can.
With this update, we made it possible to edit notes and time entries directly from the statistics screen. So with two clicks, you can now add a note including hashtags and mentions. With three clicks you can edit the time or activity or delete the entry. Did you know the average pc user clicks over 425 times a day (in all applications). Just saying.
Other changes in this update include:
- The desktop application is now faster to start and use. Still working on it but shifted up a gear for sure.
- The applications now auto-saves notes you entered. So none of the notes can escape your tracking anymore.
- Adapted descriptions texts at the top of the applications so
the displayed expressions better explain offered functionality given the application state and usage contextthey are easier to understand.
- Manually added time entries now have a default length of an hour. Whoever found the 13:00 – 23:59 default timeslot useful: I want to talk. About your life.
- Design changes: The scroll bar now feels at home on Windows and we improved the color scheme.
- Notifications on the desktop are now clickable and directly take you to the corresponding time entry.
- Fixed: The app would not open properly after an update. Which is the anti-definition of an update, really.
- Fixed: Sometimes the wrong menu-item in the left bar would be highlighted. No jokes about that – that’s just a bug.
We are very happy to finally bring this update to you. Please note: This update will be shipped to desktop users first. Mobile versions will follow.
In case you need help, have feedback/ideas or there is anything else we can do for you – Please reach out anytime. Happy to hear from you.
Christoph and the Timeular team.
P.S.: (Now more than ever) Make your time count. 🙂