We’re looking for an experienced People & Culture Manager (full-time, remote)
Timeular is on a mission to educate, guide, and prompt ambitious people to take action and unlock their full potential through better time management. Ultimately, experiencing a more healthy and rewarding work-life. 50,000 customers have done so already.
As we strive to create a healthy and rewarding workplace and keep growing our team, we are looking for an experienced People & Culture Manager passionate about managing people. You will be working closely with the CEO but ultimately with everyone, as each individual on our team of 20 matters.
Your first goals will be:
- Iterate and improve our hiring process to increase the diversity and quality of applications, as well as the selection process itself
- Maintain high team happiness and wellbeing
- Organise our team retreats and events in 2021 (virtual and on-site)
- Onboarding and offboarding
- Recruiting and interviewing
- Implementing employee policies and benefits
- Administering payroll and benefits (with our accountant)
- Updating and improving our playbook
- Planning offsite and virtual events
- Holding us accountable to our values and culture agreements
Your long-term responsibility is to design a healthy and rewarding employee experience; align and balance business, team and individual needs; and help the team to grow in both quality and number.
We know you can’t perform at your best from day one because everything is new and there is a lot of information to absorb first. That’s why you’ll get assigned an onboarding buddy right after joining Timeular to assist you while getting started with your new challenges and all the questions you might have along the way.
We’re looking for someone who has experience with managing people and culture already, great written and verbal communication skills, is fluent in English, empathic, optimistic and a caring personality to monitor and improve our performance in a human way. As startups are different than corporates, ideally you have already worked in a startup, even better if it’s a remote working startup.
How we work
- 20 fully distributed people from 10 different countries and cultures. We do not discriminate on the basis of any factor and are looking to increase our diversity even more.
- Communicate a lot asynchronously in written form without the urgency to respond to everything immediately. Primarily on Slack and Notion.
- Direct, honest and transparent culture
- A healthy work-life, meaning: 40 hour weeks are enough, no crazy working times and plenty of uninterrupted focus time.
- Few meetings, meeting free Thursday, but lot’s of opportunities to bond remotely
- Respect time: we show up, deliver, and proactively communicate in time. We respect everyone’s private time unless there is a real (real, real, …) urgency
- Work when and where you want from UTC-5 (US east coast/Peru) to UTC+2 (Western Europe/Egypt)
- Use quarterly OKRs to focus on what matters most and learn from our assumptions
- Meet 3 times a year in one place for a team retreat (during the pandemic they are virtual)
Pay and benefits
We offer an attractive transparent salary and very attractive benefits, which are mostly about helping you to live a healthy life outside of work:
- The transparent salary for this role at hiring ranges between 56,000€/$69,000 – 65,000€/$80,000, depending on the city you’re in, your experience and your vacation days preference (see below).
- After one year of working full-time at Timeular you can participate in the employee stock option pool.
- Work where and when you want. You control your time.
- 50 days of paid holidays (including national holidays) because we’ve learned that time off is the best source for great ideas. In case you don’t want so many days off so you can choose to get 40 for +5% salary instead.
- Three paid team retreats per year to spend an incredible time together discovering unique locations and amazing food. All costs covered. Now during the pandemic we host them virtually and it’s still a lot of fun.
- Paid parental leave and flexibility to adapt your work schedule to your family schedule.
- Quarterly achieved objectives will be rewarded with 500€ – 1000€/quarter to invest in your health, growth, and workplace.
How to apply
We don’t need resumes, we care about who you are today, what you have achieved so far and where do you want to go. And we don’t believe in time-consuming cover letters. We believe asking you specific questions is easier than writing a cover letter.
Our application process is pretty simple: we start by asking you a few questions in written form, you answer them the best you can, we read it and, if we like it, we jump on a call to get to know each other better. If that goes well, we do a test period so we both can verify our expectations and if we both agree, you’re in.
We tend to get a high volume of applications and we evaluate every application, so it might take some time before we get back to you after but we will get back.
Make your time count with us,