Improvements to Public API, Shared Spaces and search
As we look to continually improve our core product, we’re delighted to share details of a major update to our public API. We’ve also implemented an overhaul of the analytics filter, and enabled an additional export option for your data.
More API endpoints and shiny new documentation 🤝
The Timeular Public API v3 documentation page has been revamped, improving the structure and making it easier to navigate and understand. Shared Spaces is also now available via the API, meaning that businesses can easily extract team data in a Shared Space.
Visit our public API documentation page to get started.
Improvements to our API
Earlier this year we launched Shared Spaces, giving you the ability to create a common data structure to track time together and create insightful reports.
It’s now possible to access the data related to Shared Spaces via our public API with the following endpoints:
- We’ve added a “me” endpoint to retrieve information about the current user.
- We’ve adapted the “Generate Report” endpoint so it includes data from Shared Spaces.
- We’ve added a new “All data as JSON” endpoint where users can fetch all the data they have access to. This includes the data from their private and from their Shared Spaces.
- We’ve added a new “Spaces with members” endpoint where users can fetch the personal and shared spaces for the current user, with the members and retired members for these spaces.
Shared Spaces mean that everyday tasks like timesheet management, billing projects, checking a project’s profitability and improving future estimations, have become more effortless than ever.
If you haven’t already tried out Shared Spaces, this webinar gives a great overview of how to get the most out of it.
In addition to adding Shared Spaces access to our public API, we’ve also made a number of quality of life improvements:
- We’ve removed the unnecessary activityID from the “stop tracking” request.
- We’ve removed the unnecessary activityID from the “edit tracking” request..
- We’ve added a new section dedicated to Tags and mentions. It’s now super easy to create, edit and delete them
** Please note, with this release we’ve deprecated v1 of our public API. This deprecated version will be sunset at the end of 2020, so please make sure to switch to v3 until then.**
What else is new? 😎
More flexible and intuitive filters
We’ve revamped the filters on the analytics page, making it easier for you to dive into your data. There are more opportunities to filter your stats too – e.g. you can now search for entries that have either #this or #that tag, whereas before you could only search for entries that had both of them.
If you’re a Pro user, you now have the option to export your data as PDF reports (just select from the dropdown in the top right corner of your analytics page). Give it a try. Who knows, it could be the most impressive time report your client or manager has ever received!
Auto-updates to avoid long interruptions
We’ve also improved the auto-updater, making it simpler than ever to update the app and ensure you have the latest features.
What’s in the pipeline? 🚀
If you’re interested in seeing what we’re currently working on, head over to the Public Roadmap. You can submit your own feature or integration requests and help us prioritize things by placing your vote.
Looking for extra guidance? 🤔
We’re always on hand to help you get the most out of Timeular. There are a number of articles and how-to guides at our Help Center, and our support team are also available to help you troubleshoot any other issues you run into.
Make your time fly – in a good way,